Daemonettes and the Masque of Slaanesh – Completed

Hello!

You may remember back in June I posted some pictures of the Chaos Daemons collection that the wife and I had accrued over the years. In that article I mentioned that there were still several old metal Daemons of Slaanesh (old by today’s standards – they are at least the third version of the Daemonettes GW produced!) to finish, and that I would likely get round to it eventually. Well, I did!
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram you may well have seen some of these pictures, but this is the end result of my daemonette painting, added to the existing ones, including their leader, the Masque of Slaanesh (again, an older metal version of the character.)
The existing ‘nettes were a mix of blue and pink hair/claws, so to make the unit look more ‘cohesive’, I painted my third of them with purple bits, I think making a nice effect when the unit is all mixed together. I also fixed up the banner bearer that was previously painted, but needed repairs and a base doing. A couple were missing their arms as well, so I gave them some fun tentacles instead.

The Masque is a slightly newer model than the others, and a slightly better sculpt. This plus being a character model meant I spent a bit more time on her. To tie her in to the whole unit I gave her some fading effect caws and hair, blue, through purple, to pink. It was pretty simple to do – I just painted the base colours on, gave the whole thing a blue wash, then applied a bit of drybrushing of each of the colours – but I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.
Anyway, that was a fun little project, and now the Daemons are ticked off. I think we’ve got just about enough now to run a full Daemon 2000 point list, though not in any way optimised since it’s a mix of all the gods and is pretty much just basic troops and a bunch of characters. But it is done! Hope you enjoyed, and stay safe out there.

Redtoof’s 40K

Deze website gebruikt Akismet om spam te verminderen. Bekijk hoe je reactie-gegevens worden verwerkt.