Holland is slowly entering the lockdown-exit-phase. The Dutch government announced that under strict conditions small meetings inside buildings are allowed. Our club board conferred with the administration of the Pontania community club center where we have our meetings. This is our arrangement, for the next three months:
- we can use the building during weekends, Saturday AND Sunday, IF we inform Pontania in advance. As club we will make a schedule, and contact players to open/close the building (YES! YOU TOO CAN BE A KEY MEMBER THIS SUMMER! :-))
- we have a max of 4 tables and 12 players. Players keep distance.
- only full club members are allowed in the building
- you have to reserve in advance. Use the website. No booking? No entrance. Sorry for that, now.
- we might introduce slots: 2hrs max and leave, so that others can use a table.
- No food or drinks will be served, at least not in June and maybe until September. Pontania is not a bar or restaurant (with different sector rules). Strictly speaking, the building is the ‘sports canteen’ of the local leisure and walking club, and all sports canteens are officially closed until 1 September. We don’t want a 4000 euro fine for not strictly adhering. Hopefully the city council will relax the rules if Pontania can clarify to them that the building is in fact a community center with community activities.
We hope that we/Pontania can restart in full in September. The 1,5-meter rule might restrict operations for the moment, but the government is continuously reassessing the situation. No guarantees, but with more confidence, some day we’ll go back to normal. Old normal.