Amsterdam6shooters Forum

King of the Hill ladder competition better than points tournament?

Dit onderwerp bevat 1 reactie, heeft 1 stem, en is het laatst gewijzigd door  JurjenB 3 weken, 1 dag geleden.

2 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 2 (van in totaal 2)
  • Auteur

I’m not and I never was a tournament player. But club tournaments are fun.
    The current 40K tournament has a poll/play system.
    1 point per played game, 1 point per painted army, 1 point per win.
    That means that someone who played 5 games with 3 wins with painted armies will have 5+5+3 = 13 points. This is divided by the number of played games =13/5= 2,6 points.
    A player who played just once with his painted army and won will get 1+1+1= 3 points. This is divided by the number of played games = 3/1 = 3.
    That would be unfair so after the game series the score is adjusted with
    – the number of games, 0,5 per game
    – a popularity contest, the most popular opponent gets 1 point extra.
    In the example above the 5-game-player gets 2,5 points extra, 5,1 points total, and the 1-game-player 0,5 point extra, 3,5 points total.
    As you see, this setup rewards activity. Players who show up often finish with more points.

Any system is OK if the players agree on it. I was wondering if other tournament systems can give irregular players more chance.
    A common system for example is the ladder tournament

Basically, this are the rules:
    Initial positions on the ladder are determined randomly. New participants of the tournament are added to the bottom of the ladder.

2. You may challenge anyone who is one, two, three, or four spots above you on the ladder. If you are challenged to a ladder game, you must play. (A refusal to play is treated as a loss.) Ladder games can be played with a clock.

3. The player making the challenge is attacker. The person being challenged is defender.

4. If the lower-ranked player wins, the lower-ranked player takes the higher-ranked player’s spot on the ladder, and the higher-ranked player moves down one spot.

5. If the higher-ranked player wins, there is no change in the players’ rankings.

6. If the game ends in a draw, the lower-ranked player takes the spot just below the higher-ranked player. Draws by agreement must be approved by a third, neutral player.

7. After a ladder game is played, at least one of the players must play a ladder game against someone else before they are allowed to play each other again.

I’m curious if this would work in wargaming. Above system is common ground in a number of sports, from Go and chess to boxing, badminton and Scrabble.

• Dit onderwerp is gewijzigd 3 weken, 3 dagen geleden door  JurjenB.

Here’s how my son’s chess club ranking works (in Dutch)

Elke speler vertegenwoordigt een aantal punten, bijvoorbeeld de nummer 1 is 100 punten waard, de nummer 2 99 punten, de nummer 3 is 98 punten waard, etc.
    Als u wint, krijgt u de waarde van de tegenstander. Speelt u remise, dan krijgen u en uw tegenstander de helft van de punten. Wint uw tegenstander, dan krijgt hij uw punten.
    Voorbeeld
    Oude stand:
    Boom heeft 543 punten (waarde: 100)
    Roos heeft 510 punten (waarde: 99)
    Vis heeft 497 punten (waarde 98)
    Vuur heeft 490 punten (waarde 97)
    Vis wint van Vuur. Vis krijgt 97 punten, Vuur krijgt 0 punten. Boom en Roos spelen remise. 1 krijgt 49,5 punten, 2 krijgt 50 punten.
    Nieuwe stand:
    Vis staat nu bovenaan en heeft 594 punten (waarde: 100)
    Boom heeft 559,5 punten (waarde: 99)
    Roos heeft 547 punten (waarde: 98)
    Vuur heeft 490 punten (waarde: 97)

2 berichten aan het bekijken - 1 tot 2 (van in totaal 2)

Je moet ingelogd zijn om een reactie op dit onderwerp te kunnen geven.

WE ROCK. WE ROLL SIXES. WE WARGAME. WE NEVER LOSE.

Spring naar toolbar